Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Brown Thumb? Is that something?

So, I admit it. I have whatever the opposite of a green thumb is. I am struggle to keep any type of plants alive, indoor or out I usually end of exchanging them at Home Depot and getting new ones because I just can't do it! (PS. If you didn't know that Home Depot, Lowes, OSH, all take back dead plants, with a receipt of course :) So When my hubby brought home an adorable rusty little Radio Flyer Wagon, that he snagged, I had this cute idea to make it a little portable garden and fill it wil flowers and other pretty things to cheer up my back porch. Between my dogs chewing on them and me forgetting to water them they were all dead within a month. So I decided to go a different direction and I really like how it turned out.
Succulents! There aren't any tasty leaves & flowers for the dogs to munch on and they barely need any water to survive, which are both crucial. And they look pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks darling- what a perfect plan B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are lightyears ahead of me at this point, I cant even seem to keep my succulents alive! Sad. Your garden looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete