Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Birthday Celebration & Stay-cation

My husband completely spoils me any chance he gets, so you can imagine how awesome it is to be me on my birthday. He is the best! He got me way too many gifts (including a trip to Dallas to visit my bestie in October) which was more than enough to blow me away, but then we also had the best weekend get away.

So, the day started out a little shaky because I was called in for Jury Duty. Yes, I am serious! Bummer city. I got up early and headed downtown. Thank goodness after 4 hours of sitting around (I mean seriously, there has to be a more efficient system) they released me! Hallelujah!


Then the real party could get started. On our way down to Huntington Beach we stopped at Woody's Diner to get some grub. Their burgers are super delish!
Then we headed to our hotel. It was our first time at the Hyatt Resort and we loved it! 
By the look on Mason's face you would not think we were going on vacation, but I promise he was happy about it.  (PS.  I love Gus trying to sneak a taste of my strawberry shake while I am distracted).

They were so nice at the hotel and are the definition of dog friendly. I was laughing so hard because they provide a nice bed for him and all he wanted to do was roll around on our bed. Silly pup.

The rest of our trip consisted of us poolside. The weather was absolutely perfect and we were loving being waited on hand and foot.
That night we walked around Main St, got some dinner, and called it an early night (being pregnant makes me outrageously tired!). It was a perfect night. Snuggling in my pjs with my hubby & a good book.
 I have a tradition that on my actual birthday that need to blow out a candle or the birthday is not complete. Mase came through with a dreamy brownie sundae delivered to our room.

The next day we had a huge breakfast  (which the hotel comped bc it was my birthday, talk about winning us over!) and spent the rest of the morning & afternoon at the pool. After we checked out we made a pit stop down the street to grab lunch at our new favorite sandwich shop, had a picnic and then took a stroll along the dog beach.



The last stop on this weekend was for a birthday party, but funny enough it wasn't mine. This darling little girl turned 1 and me and her mama go way back. She is a dear friend and we were so happy to be able to celebrate with their family. 
 We got her some adorable touch & feel books from my mom's store and she loved them!


No comments:

Post a Comment