Sunday, January 20, 2013

Baby Shower Time!

I am feeling so overwhelmed with gratitude for the generosity of my family & friends. I already had a wonderful baby shower in AZ, and then this last weekend my friends from church threw me a shower here in LA. So nice! Then, if you can even believe it my bff and sister threw me a virtual shower for all of my far, far away friends and family. Seriously, I cannot tell you how special I felt seeing this outpouring of love for my little boy. Thank you to everyone who planned, baked, coordinated, emailed,   gifted, and participated in any way! Love to you all!!

Here is a quick recap of my wonderful shower thrown by my friends from church. The theme was "Little Man" so it was full of adorable bowties and mustaches.
It was such a fun night! Going with the theme of the evening, we even played 'Match the stash" which was hilarious trying to figure out which celebrity each famous mustache belonged to.
 Everyone was so unbelievable generous, out little man it totally set!



 Delicious cupcakes and the cutest party favors, little chocolate mustaches : )

My friends really are the best!



I have to admit, I had never heard of a virtual shower before, so I really didn't know how it would all play out, but it was so much fun! For the couple weeks leading up I got tons of packages and it really got me excited seeing all the mail from my far away friends.

Then on the day of, I set up the decorations my family sent me, and we did a google hangout so they could see me open the gifts.

I know its gonna sound cheesy, but sometimes I really love the internet.  Sometimes, just seeing someone's face while talking to them makes such a difference in feeling connected.











And if a million wonderful gifts weren't enough, they also sent a bucket of all my favorite treats and ordered cupcakes from this local shop that are literally the best cupcakes I have ever eaten!


1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you got showered with so much love and so many gifts for your sweet baby! If anyone deserves it, it's you! love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete