Monday, March 28, 2011

It's all fun and games until someone crashes and needs 85 stitches to hold their leg together!

So this has been a challenging week in the Wright house. It all started with my husband's trip to Glamis (the sand dunes on the CA AZ border, and Mason's absolute favorite spot to go riding). I got a call from him on Friday afternoon telling me that he cut his leg and needed to go and get it stitched up at the hospital, reassuring me it was no big deal. He then calls later that day to let me know that he is waiting to be taken into the operating room and will have to spend the night in the hospital. I was a mess! He tore a whole in his leg that was so deep that he had to be put under to clean it out and assess the damage. The result: 85 stitches inside and out. I will spare you the gore of the wound before it was all closed up, but needless to say it was pretty gnarly.

I have to be grateful though because considering the location of the slice, no major damage was done, no broken bones, and he should be off crutches and have the stitches out in 2 weeks!

This leads us to the challenge of recovery. Because he is not able to drive, and we need to keep our business running, I have been his personal chauffer to our 8+ jobsites located all over LA. This entails a massive amount of driving around LA, which is stressful in and of itself, but I also have to still stay on top of my office responsibilities, as well as take care of a invalid husband. I am beginning to see the drawbacks of being your own boss. Yeesh. But on the bright side, it is only for a short time and we have awesome employees and for the most part, very understanding clients!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! His leg doesn't even look real!!!! It looks like a Halloween prop! Poor guy! And poor YOU!!! I can't imagine what you were feeling! I'm glad that he is on the road to recovery and that he will be up and about in a couple weeks :) And good job on holding down the fort for a while. You are one strong wife!

    ReplyDelete