Saturday, October 1, 2011

Guest Bedroom Makeover

I have been a busy bee! So after finishing my bench, I became inspired to work on the guest bedroom. Up until this point it is just whatever leftovers I had and I just was not feeling it. Too many dark colors and all together just blech.

I have been stalling on redoing this room because I am very indecisive and after browsing websites, design blogs, restoration hardware catalogs etc, I started to feel overwhelmed that I would not be able to ever achieve something like these rooms I was looking at. (Silly I know) Finally I decided that while it is great to get ideas, that what it comes down to is that I just need to choose what I like. My house will not look like an interior designers house because guess what... an interior designer doesn't live there, I do! Once that epiphany happened it was fairly easy to do the bedroom. I found this amazing bed on craigslist and scooped it up. Other than that everything was recycled, or inexpensive items from Ikea. I wanted to go with light colors but not too boring, so its mostly white, with accents of red & blue. Anyways, enough talking...here it is.
This is a fun piece that I pulled from the old tv cabinet we scored and turned out to be the perfect size for a frame for our photo booth pics from the OC County Fair.



And here is my cute little bench I made : )
It is a work in progress, but I am having fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment