Sunday, October 16, 2011

Seasons Change

One of the (very few) downsides of living in beautiful southern california is that we don't have really distinct seasons. Growing up on the east coast, one of my most favorite things is when you wake up one morning and know that it is officially fall by the cool, crisp smell in the air. I miss that smell! So in an attempt to give myself a little taste of fall in 85 degree weather, Gus and I took a bike ride over to our local pumpkin patch : )
I picked out as many cute little pumpkins etc, that could fit in the basket of my bike. Let me tell you, it was a work out getting home but totally worth it!
Another one of my favorite fall decorations is this awesome wreath that my mom made for me.
It is October. It is fall, whether or not California wants to admit it. Now I just need to find an apple orchard to go pick some apples and eat cider donuts! Love me some fall!

1 comment:

  1. come visit us and we'll go apple picking together! Love the wreath and love the thought of you riding your bike with all those pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete