Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Phantom of the Opera is here.....inside my mind

Just so you know, I was/am singing the title of this post as I am typing. I am a sucker for a good musical. Anyways. Last weekend we took a quick trip to Las Vegas. We made a pact to see Phantom before it closes in Sept. and we finally made it happen! We spent the first night with one of my best friends Riann at her place in Henderson. We ate dinner at a fabulous mexican restaurant with an awesome view.
I have also decided that it is one of my life goals to have a craft/sewing room as awesome as this.
We had breakfast at Bread & Butter and loved it! And while I cringe at posting a no makeup picture, it was the only one I took with this lovely lady, so please excuse me.
That day, we checked into our hotel and spent the day at the pool. It was so hot that if you were outside you had to be poolside!
That night was Phantom!  I cannot even tell you how much I loved it. The theater was amazing, the music was haunting and the performance gave me chills on more than one occasion. It was so good! I love love loved it! All the songs are stuck in my head!


After the show we walked around a bit and got some dinner. While walking around the strip I was thinking about how much I loved coming to vegas when I was in college and how much it has changed. Then I realized, vegas hasn't changed, but I have! I much prefer the quiet and relaxed atmosphere of Henderson then the loud, crowded, madness of the strip. I am getting old!

2 comments:

  1. What? How do you know Riann? I was her VT in Provo my junior year at BYU! Before I saw the pic of you two I noticed the spelling of her name and thought, "I knew a Riann at BYU that spelled her name like that." Then I scrolled down and was like..."What? it's Riann!" Tell her I say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny! I met her when I lived across the hall from her at Windsor Park, MY junior year. How did we not know each other?!

      Delete