Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dr. Mack

It is still so hilarious to me that people know my dad as Dr. Mack. Growing up I remember visiting him at his lab and thinking he was some sort of mad scientist, because he had white hair and worked with beakers and test tubes.

Anyways, my dad has his PhD in exercise science and after starting his career teaching at Yale Medical School he now teaches at BYU. Along with teaching, he is also constantly doing research. He is publishing articles and contributing to textbooks, and traveling to present his findings all over the world. His work, while extremely hard for me to understand the specifics of, is seriously interesting stuff. It all has to do with how the body works, specifically in relationship to exercise.

One of the most recent things he has been involved with is research for an amazing new sports drink XOJO. So fun to hear him talk about his work. He really does love what he does!

This was all a SUPER long intro to say, my daddy came into town and I got to hang out with him. It was a super short trip with his students for a conference, so our time was limited, but so fun to see him!




In our family my dad is also called the Baby Whisperer because he is a genius with the little ones. Phx warmed up to him really fast and then all he wanted was his Grump Grump.




No comments:

Post a Comment