Friday, April 6, 2012

Conference Weekend

Twice a year my church does a wonderful thing. They have a little something called General Conference. They broadcast the conference from Salt Lake City all over the world, so we get to watch and from home.
One the things that sets The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints apart is that we are lead by a modern day prophet. And during these conferences we get to listen to the prophet, his apostles and other church leaders give talks to inspire, guide & direct us. So many inspiring words it is hard to choose a favorite. But here is one of my favorites.
"We live in troubled times. I assure you that our Heavenly Father is mindful of the challenges we face. He loves each of us and desires to bless us and to help us. May we call upon Him in prayer." President Thomas S. Monson

I had a lovely weekend snuggled up on the couch eating yummy food and enjoying the words of men of God.
I watched with my friend who had the brilliant idea to bring out some coloring pages so we would not be tempted to doze off while watching and let me tell you, it worked. And honestly, I haven't colored in so long it was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment