Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getty Villa Vistas

This weekend Mase and I took a trip up to the bu to The Getty Villa.

I have been meaning to go forever but we finally made it happen and man was it gorgeous! I mean every building is just gorgeous and the view is breathtaking.
All the stone work and the columns were amazing and all the walls and ceilings were covering in carved details and painted murals.
We really enjoyed all that museum had to offer, but the weather was so perfect
we spent most of our time wandering around the beautiful gardens they had.
The art & statues of ancient rome is truly beautiful, but there was one thing that was creeping me out. On a lot of the busts in gardens they did some restoration to show you what they would have looked like when they were first created. But man the eyes......
Creepy right? I mean aside from the fact that they all looked either sad, scared, or in pain, their eyes followed you everywhere. I much preferred the statues where they didn't restore the eyes. Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment